SPOTCHECK Flow and NeoPac
Astoria-Pacific’s SPOTCHECK Flow is proven technology that has been marketed worldwide since 1989. SPOTCHECK Flow automates newborn screening tests for such diseases as: Biotinidase, GALT, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Total Galactose and G6PD. Many of the tests, such as Biotinidase and GALT (Uridyltransferase), can be assayed from a single extracted blood spot sample. Patient samples can be quantitatively assayed and results reported within the same day. No overnight incubation is needed. The analyzer holds up to 4 microtiter trays, processing samples at an average rate of 90 per hour. Each test cartridge is specifically designed to manipulate the sample in an optimum way to generate a reliable, quantitative value, and clearly separates “normals” from “positives” or “deficients”. As each sample passes through the cartridge, it mixes with the appropriate reagents and a fluorescent or colored product is formed. The sample continues to travel out of the cartridge and into a flow through detector cell which measures the amount of fluorescence or color produced. The results are sent directly to a computer for data reduction. Abnormal results, or results that fall within an operator- selected range, can be flagged on the final report, using the FASPac or NeoPac software, and follow-up protocol can be initiated. Results can be saved and exported directly as Excel®, Lotus® or text files for easy integration with a LIMS. The SPOTCHECK diagnostic reagent kits are manufactured under the strictest standards specifically for the SPOTCHECK system. Convenient, color-coded kits provide enough reagents to assay about 2500 or more samples plus controls and are available with a 2 year shelf life. Designed for use with proven technologies, the SPOTCHECK reagent kits provide reliable, low cost testing day after day.
System purchase or reagent rental options are available for just pennies per test. If you are thinking of expanding your screening program, contact Astoria-Pacific for more information on evaluating the SPOTCHECK Neonatal Screening Analyzer.
SPOTCHECK NeoPac Software
SPOTCHECK Flow uses a powerful tool for data acquisition and control: NeoPac. This software package help labs process hundreds of thousands of samples per year.
- Sample IDs are easily imported or entered into a Sample Table
- A Run Table provides real time information including sampler probe location and data retrieval
- Channel windows provide a real time trace of peaks of concentration values for calibrants, samples, controls, check calibrants, and other values
- A QC chart helps monitor performance of the system over time
- Security levels grant personnel varying levels of access
- Sample results can be flagged if they fall within the lab’s cutoff limits, alerting the operator to take appropriate action.
- Compatible with LIMS systems for importing sample IDs and exporting data